can you help me with a customers resolute acclaim? Cat replacement and frozen bolt

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MountainStoveGuy

Minister of Fire
Jan 23, 2006
Boulder County
As you guys know, i am not a VC dealer. I have a customer that has no idea where to get a replacement catalyst, and also has a frozen bolt holding the cat plate in. Any tricks to removing the bolt? And where is the least expensive place for them to buy a replacement. They think its about 20 years old. They will be checking this thread later. Thanks.
I can order one from woodmans for them, but i have no idea what size it is.

I would soak that bolt with PB blast best for lostening up bolts ( Automotive supplies) Keep soaking it then give it a rap with a hammer soak it rap it this might take a couple days of soaking and rapping it. I don't know if you can apply heat from a torch too hot will blow off the outer ceramic coating When you finally put a socket to it work it back and forth

Combustor.com That's an old stove the resolute had a very limited run with cats

Elk, i just updated my post, do you have any idea what size it is? i can maybe find one for them, or so they could have the size to shop online.

MSG I don't know the size of it but I will call VC on Monday morning and get the dimensions, unless someone else has them between now and then.

Thanks don, they will appreciate that. Shane looks like we figured it out, no need to wait on hold with the manufacture, thanks for the offer.

hearth.com to the rescue once again.

yea, hearthnet is great. I took the time to post this and shane was going to take the time to call them. Neither one of us stood to make a dime. Helping folks out is what i like to do, and i think this place attracts people who like to make other peoples lives a little easier. And thank you Don for getting the info on this. They will appreciate this, the folks you just helped out has a cabin in the middle of the moutians , runs of solar power, has a windmill that pumps water in to a cistern that is gravity fed to there house. To damn cool.

MountainStoveGuy said:
Thanks don, they will appreciate that. Shane looks like we figured it out, no need to wait on hold with the manufacture, thanks for the offer.

MSG, what was the resolution to this? Did the customer get what they needed?

To my knowledge, the Acclaim was never a catalytic stove. Don mentioned a model number and I'll look it up. Maybe they slipped something by me. But I think they either need what is called a Combustion Package (soft refractory combustion box) or they have an Encore (double-doors on front), in which case the Catalytic block mentioned will work. The Encore also uses a Combustion Package to hold the Catalytic.

Let me know if I can help.

Sean

you know, they were just some random folks that were in here asking questions, they never called me back. I hope there keeping a eye on this thread like i asked them to. Thanks for your imput.

elkimmeg said:
The 0041 Resolute Acclaim is the only model that I know used a combustor
Size is: 2.54" X 13" X 2" Currently found in the Encore Defiant and winter warms
Or this stove combustor .com

http://snarf.buyitsellit.com/StoreFront/view?view=product&&store=2330&id=10030 $119

Don, you are mistaken. That model number was the original Resolute Acclaim. NO CATALYTIC.

It uses a down-draft techique similar to the new non-cat version of the Encore. A soft refractory combustion package is used to insulate the secondary combustion. That model was updated to the current design a few years later. Neither Acclaim uses a catalytic.

The original Encore also uses a refractory package but it is using a catalytic for the secondary combustion. This catalytic combustor is, as you correctly stated, the same as used in the Lg. WinterWarm and the current Defiant catalytic.

MSG, if your customer has the Encore Don's catalytic combustor will work. But your subject line says Resolute Acclaim. Which is it?

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.