1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

can you help me with a customers resolute acclaim? Cat replacement and frozen bolt

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by MountainStoveGuy, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy New Member

Loc:
    Northern Colorado Mountains
    As you guys know, i am not a VC dealer. I have a customer that has no idea where to get a replacement catalyst, and also has a frozen bolt holding the cat plate in. Any tricks to removing the bolt? And where is the least expensive place for them to buy a replacement. They think its about 20 years old. They will be checking this thread later. Thanks.
    I can order one from woodmans for them, but i have no idea what size it is.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

I would soak that bolt with PB blast best for lostening up bolts ( Automotive supplies) Keep soaking it then give it a rap with a hammer soak it rap it this might take a couple days of soaking and rapping it. I don't know if you can apply heat from a torch too hot will blow off the outer ceramic coating When you finally put a socket to it work it back and forth

Combustor.com That's an old stove the resolute had a very limited run with cats
  3. MountainStoveGuy

Loc:
    Elk, i just updated my post, do you have any idea what size it is? i can maybe find one for them, or so they could have the size to shop online.
  4. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    MSG I don't know the size of it but I will call VC on Monday morning and get the dimensions, unless someone else has them between now and then.
  5. MountainStoveGuy

Loc:
    Thats awsome Shane, thanks.
  6. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

7. MountainStoveGuy

Loc:
    Thanks don, they will appreciate that. Shane looks like we figured it out, no need to wait on hold with the manufacture, thanks for the offer.
  8. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    hearth.com to the rescue once again.
  9. MountainStoveGuy

Loc:
    yea, hearthnet is great. I took the time to post this and shane was going to take the time to call them. Neither one of us stood to make a dime. Helping folks out is what i like to do, and i think this place attracts people who like to make other peoples lives a little easier. And thank you Don for getting the info on this. They will appreciate this, the folks you just helped out has a cabin in the middle of the moutians , runs of solar power, has a windmill that pumps water in to a cistern that is gravity fed to there house. To damn cool.
  10. seaken

seaken Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Shokan, NY
    MSG, what was the resolution to this? Did the customer get what they needed?

To my knowledge, the Acclaim was never a catalytic stove. Don mentioned a model number and I'll look it up. Maybe they slipped something by me. But I think they either need what is called a Combustion Package (soft refractory combustion box) or they have an Encore (double-doors on front), in which case the Catalytic block mentioned will work. The Encore also uses a Combustion Package to hold the Catalytic.

Let me know if I can help.

Sean
  11. MountainStoveGuy

Loc:
    you know, they were just some random folks that were in here asking questions, they never called me back. I hope there keeping a eye on this thread like i asked them to. Thanks for your imput.
  12. seaken

seaken Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Shokan, NY
    Don, you are mistaken. That model number was the original Resolute Acclaim. NO CATALYTIC.

It uses a down-draft techique similar to the new non-cat version of the Encore. A soft refractory combustion package is used to insulate the secondary combustion. That model was updated to the current design a few years later. Neither Acclaim uses a catalytic.

The original Encore also uses a refractory package but it is using a catalytic for the secondary combustion. This catalytic combustor is, as you correctly stated, the same as used in the Lg. WinterWarm and the current Defiant catalytic.

MSG, if your customer has the Encore Don's catalytic combustor will work. But your subject line says Resolute Acclaim. Which is it?

Sean
  13. MountainStoveGuy

Loc:
    they called it a resolute.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.