Can you ID this stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx for the update! That explains the difference in the door. If it had been in nice shape, is that a decent stove? How does it line up with what we thought it was I mean? Just curious!

Compared to the 8142, it's a smaller, much less elegant design, and not worth messing with. Takes 10" wood - teeny firebox. Fixed (i.e. bolted in) 2ndary means you can't get to the area above the baffle for cleaning/maintenance. First introduced in 2003, had the model been a rousing success they wouldn't have dropped it a few years later.

Ah, that's why I miss the older Morso site with the legacy pics. I knew something didn't quite right for it to be an 8142.

Yep, it didn't... or wasn't... or whatever that word is :)

What gets me is how willing people are to fabricate complete lies and misrepresentations in order to inflate the value of something. The truth is what they can get away with, not what really is.

Painted on the side of this guy's truck was the name and logo of a local builder of passive solar homes. The phone book address of the company is the same as his home, where I viewed the stove. Pity the people who choose to do business with him. Apparently he's accustomed to serving refuse to people and getting away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.