Can you identify this stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks more like the mansfield than phoenix, but i'm no expert. Either way that's soapstone and not granite.

It's a Hearthstone Mansfield. Looks like a good deal.

Yup Mansfield and a good stove. But note that it's weight is closer to 600 pounds.

And that thing never listed as $5,000.

If it's in good shape, it is a great stove. Bring a flashlight, look for deep cracks and loose exterior brackets.

BrowningBAR said:

Says that was with the flue. Sounds right.

I already bought it.....without seeing it so..... It is in a summer home so I don't think it got much use.......yeah and all of the flue comes with it as well.
And I did not pay 1000 for it...... hopefully everything will work out.

BrotherBart said:
BrowningBAR said:

Says that was with the flue. Sounds right.

I missed the flue part. The flue and stove combo ads always annoy me since I have no need for piping/liners.

Now that I know it is Mansfield and not a Phoenix and after reading more on the forums......Do you think we are going to cook ourselves? We are putting it in a 1100 sqft 1919 single story farmhouse with not the best insulation and probably a few drafts in the North Carolina mountains. I was planning on this being our only source of heat.... So what do yall think?

Might be overkill in this situation. NC weather is pretty mild unless you are at a higher altitude. Where in NC?

For less than $1000 for piping and stove you may as well give it a try. switching out for a new stove is as easy as enticing a few friends with beer next year if you decide that its too much.

You could probably sell that stove for a profit if its in good shape.

spacecowboyIV said:
For less than $1000 for piping and stove you may as well give it a try. switching out for a new stove is as easy as enticing a few friends with beer next year if you decide that its too much.

You could probably sell that stove for a profit if its in good shape.

Thats what Im thinking.....I just got scared for a minute!

It will take that big boy a while to come up to temp and a long time to cool down. Worst case you fire it once in the morning and once at night and let it keep the place comfy.

I would have been all over that deal myself.

bellafea said:
Between Mars Hill and Burnsville,NC. Not far from the TN line, about 3,000 ft in elevation.

Well, it gets below freezing up there frequently enough that it is worth trying out. Besides, you were thinking about enclosing the porch for an addition, right? :)

I agree with BrotherBart. Think of the stove like a big flywheel. Burn shorter hot fires with 4-5 splits and let the stove go out until it gets cold enough to warrant an all day fire.

BeGreen said:
Might be overkill in this situation. NC weather is pretty mild unless you are at a higher altitude.

pfffft.

I think it will be just perfect. :p

I was waiting for you to chime in. Note I qualified it with altitude.

My sister lives in the low lands of NC in about the same size house. The Mansfield would be overkill there. But at 3000 ft on the west side of Appalachia, it's a different climate and more exposed to those Ohio valley chills. I almost moved to Boone, but for a quirk of fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.