Can you remove two sections of an adjustable 90 degree elbow?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wendell

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2008
NE Iowa
Looking at my adjustable 90, there is a warning not to straighten it completely out or it can fall apart so I am wondering if you can do this on purpose, take two sections out and out it back together (without some special tool). I need to lose a couple inches and thought this might be a lot easier than cutting a section of pipe. I only need 30 degrees of bend so the other two variable sections are just getting extended straight out.

Can you use 45 degree singl wall elbows. I have had elbows come apart and do not even try too put them back together. When you get back together they are loose as a goose just do not feal safe.IMO

I doubt you could do that Wendell. Can't you twist is in such a way as to lose some of that space? It is amazing all the angles you can come up with using the adjustable elbows. Otherwise, I'd go with cutting the straight pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.