Canadian Garn fired up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott from Canada

Jul 26, 2009
Manitoba Canada
It's been a year, but it's fired and just as impressive as I was lead to believe. Thanks to all that contributed to helping with my decision to go with a Garn. Piping is still not completed in the house but I am heating the shop,while I wait for my water treatment to show up.

Yes, these seem to be about as troublesome as an anvil. I'm a believer in these too after I was educated on Hearth here, Randy

Congrats Scott! I too just got my 1500 providing heat! It took me quite a few weekends to get everything together....but I had the Garn up to 192 today....and it is still cranking out the heat. My feet are standing on a 78 degree radiant floor.....very sweet indeed! I too have a lot more piping to do, to hook up the radiant in the new addition, garage/shop, and replace an old 1" poorly insulated burried line. I'm hoping for some big improvements!

I have had a hell of a time with trade persons stringing me along saying"no big deal, that will be nothing to pipe" and in the end it is going to be me and a heating consultant and some tips from this foum/garn rep to get the job done.In the end hopefully it will be something to be proud of .I just wasn't counting on doing it all myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.