Canadian Guys - Moisture Meter CTC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Offset

Mar 10, 2014
Haliburton, Ontario, Canada
Canadian Tire flyer for the week of March 6 to March 12 has moisture meters for sale at 50% off.

Not sure what 50% you get but it might be worth a look if you need one or a replacement for one you already have.

I seen that in the e-flyer I got yesterday, I'm going to check it out this morning, note that in "the wood shed" topic: Moisture meters a lot of talking about how good or bad they work. At 50% off I think I will take the chance and see for my self

I think they are great for the guy like me who doesnt have acreage to c,s,s and forget about it for 2-3 years. Lots of guys dont use them because they know the wood is below 20% by the time it hits the stove. I harvest trees from various exposures and situations and have limited space so I enjoy my meter.

I agree with you Seanm, I also get my wood from numerse sourses. I bought one yesterday at CTC,@ 50% off made it $39.99. Tryed it on a few different types of wood,hard, soft, green and dry seems to work good and accurate.

Picked mine up today at CTC. I was surprised at the moisture content in some of the wood I assume was really dry. I have already been warned not to stick it in the kitchen table to compare readings. This is science, we must know!!

Picked mine up today at CTC. I was surprised at the moisture content in some of the wood I assume was really dry. I have already been warned not to stick it in the kitchen table to compare readings. This is science, we must know!!
Just remember to have the wood at room temperature and then split it just before taking a reading.

Thanks for the heads up on the kitchen table, If your a little brave, tell your wife you can check the moisture in her skin, warn her the probes are very sharp so be very gentle, if your really brave ask her to wet her finger first, LOL Just remember someone will be sleeping in the woodshed tonight

Thanks for the heads up on the kitchen table, If your a little brave, tell your wife you can check the moisture in her skin, warn her the probes are very sharp so be very gentle, if your really brave ask her to wet her finger first, LOL Just remember someone will be sleeping in the woodshed tonight

I sense you are trying to get me in more trouble that I can accomplish on my own!

Status
Not open for further replies.