Canadian Tire Can wick pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reg1952

Sep 5, 2012
Guelph Ont.
Just ordered 100 bags(2 Tons) of Can Wicks from Canadian Tire. They have a deal on tomorrow only, if you buy any thing you get 20x Canadian Tire money back plus another 10x for using there credit card.That's 30x Canadian Tire money back. Works out to 12% off. Plus I get a 15% discount for being staff. That's 27% off. You almost have to be Canadian to no about Canadian Tire money.

Reactions: Lindsey-Ann
I try to canwicks canadian tire I not like and there a lot of dust

I did not mind the canwicks. My CDN tire is stocking cubex atm,(they have not had canwicks since beginning of Jan) so picked up a few bags to try out. I like the LG's and okie platinums

I did not mind the canwicks. My CDN tire is stocking cubex atm,(they have not had canwicks since beginning of Jan) so picked up a few bags to try out. I like the LG's and okie platinums
If you like the cubex you can get the for less at Ferguson's Energy Systems they are close to you
and deliver for free . They also sell other kinds here is their Wed site
http://www.fergusonsenergysystems.com/Stove.html

Reactions: Lindsey-Ann
A co-worker had a ton delivered from Ferguson and it worked out to $6/bag. I'll see if I like them first before getting a ton. The problem with Ferguson is they do not stock pellets in their Harrowsmith store (so can't try a few bags before buying a ton)
I can get the LG's just down the road from my house for under $5.50/bag

I also find there is a lot of dust. These pellets have little less ash than the Rona and Satisfaction from HD, but no where as much heat! It's a good deal for you at 27% off but at 12% $5.27 a bag I wouldn't buy them unless I had to. In my opinion these pellets shouldn't retail for more than $5!

I have been watching my output temp on my stove running the Canwicks. By tomorrow the hopper should just about be empty and I can fill it with some from Rona and see it there is a difference in heat. Has anyone tried the Trebio pellets from CTC. THe reviews on the web site are not that good.

I have been watching my output temp on my stove running the Canwicks. By tomorrow the hopper should just about be empty and I can fill it with some from Rona and see it there is a difference in heat. Has anyone tried the Trebio pellets from CTC. THe reviews on the web site are not that good.

I picked up 10 bags of the Trebio pellets from Rona last month. By far the worst pellet I've burned this year. Poor heat and really dirtied up my stove.

Yes it is over 400$ a skid with tax BUT a skid from Fergusons is 1-1/2 tons
That's 75 bags and with the HST it works out to 5.70 a bag DELIVERED
That in it self is 29 cents less than CTC before tax per bag

Trebio medium heat much ash

Status
Not open for further replies.