Canoe camping trip Follensby clear pond, lake clear, NY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rowerwet

Minister of Fire
great pictures I got of our canoe camping trip from mid June, we had perfect weather, no bugs, and a nice quiet lake with loons "singing" every night.

Attachments

• rsz_1canoe1.jpg
    rsz_1canoe1.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 957
another shot of the Island we camped on.

Attachments

• canoe2.jpg
    canoe2.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 506
early morning "steam" on the water, boat in the foreground is a mouseboat I built for my daughter, she and her cousins spent most of the day out on and in the water playing with her boat.

Attachments

• rsz_mouse1.jpg
    rsz_mouse1.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 627
Awesome Way to spent a couple days!

Wow, that looks like the type of place my wife and I really enjoy. I'm betting you had a wonderful time. It is beautiful.

we had a great time the weather was great, I spent a lot of time out in one boat or another, we had 5 canoes, two kayaks and the mouse boat, 8 adults and 10 kids. Due to regulations on the max number camping on one Island, two families had to camp on the shore across from the island, but we all ate on the island so we didn't have to worry about bears and food. I had never canoe camped for this long before, only overnight camping before. We had mountains of gear in each canoe, I ended up towing the mouseboat with my kids in it. (made it more fun for them)

paddling was always fun as the water is clear, you can see the bottom almost anywhere, it makes you feel like you are flying.

Attachments

• rsz_2mouse2.jpg
    rsz_2mouse2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 392
there was some fishing, my brother in law and his twin took the kids out a few times, I don't fish, I did it with my dad and always caught fish, but it doesn't really interest me, last time I went was deep sea fishing in High school, almost 20 years ago. My daughter tried it out so I may be teaching her soon.

Rowerwet, no bugs? You trying to get me jealous?

Status
Not open for further replies.