Can't believe lowes has Hammer hot ones

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish On

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2009
The other Cape..
What a great pellet and I couldn't help myself and got 2 tons to stock up for next year.

They're great. After trying a couple of other brands Hamer's are all I burn. Yes, they are a little more expensive but, in my opinion, well worth it.

I'm pretty sure these are the bad batch that Hamer took back. My dealer told me that he had a few tons that he said were a bad batch. He indicated that they produced tons of clinkers and he said he had to grind his burn pot clean. He contacted Hamer, and they admitted that there was a bad batch and they would take them all back. I believe the date code was 7/2013 stamped on the bag, or was it 6/2013.
I think they probably dumped these for pennies on the dollar to the big box stores so it's not a total loss. Just beware they may not be indicative of their best.

Status
Not open for further replies.