1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Can't get a Progress Hybrid--what's my next choice?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Debbie, Jan 24, 2013.

1. NE WOOD BURNER

NE WOOD BURNER Minister of Fire

I would take a look at the Jotul line. They have a cook top like your VC

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Huntindog1

Huntindog1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Central Indiana
    BrowningBar can tell you about the VC's
  3. Debbie

Debbie New Member

Good news, everyone--an email from Woodstock:

Debbie,​

The decision has been made by us to participate in this program. We are working out the protocol on how we will handle the application process and voucher reimbursement. I'll keep you posted. Have a great weekend.​

Jamie Bean​
    Woodstock Soapstone Co.​

I'll let you know how the bureaucracy works out so others can follow in my footsteps. (No need to let you know how the stove works out--you know that in advance!)

jeff_t likes this.
  4. BrowningBAR

BrowningBAR Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    Put me down for "no" to the Leyden, Defiant, or the Encore.

The Leydon is like a non-cat version of a VC stove. It is hit or miss when it comes to successfully operating the stove. I run a Defiant and an Encore. They run great for me, BUT, they have a lot of maintenance. Also, parts and quality control STILL seem to be an issue judging be the reports we are seeing.
    Huntindog1 likes this.
  5. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    I would think a certified installer from one of these organizations can handle the installation requirements. Go to the site and type in your zip code. Ask if they are qualified as certified installers for the program and document everything, including pictures.

www.ncia.org or www.csia.org
  6. Rich L

Rich L Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern,Ma.
    Debbie there's a Progress for sale in Mass. on Craig's list.The add says $2300.00 for it.I spoke to the owner who will take $2000.00.Maybe it'll work out for you.