Can't Get Enough Air into Enviro Empress after cleaning? PLEASE HELP!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heatherco

Nov 19, 2008
Central MA
Hi - Would appreciate any and all help. Have an enviro empress that appears to have an air leak? I'm saying that because when we start it up it goes into start up mode. Then after running for about 15 minutes the flame dies down, auger stops feeding and it just dies out. We've cleaned it, checked the door seal and made sure the ash pan is locked securely. The only way we get any sort of regular flame is for the slider/damper to be pushed all the way in. Even then, that only lasts for a few minutes.

Any ideas? Waiting to hear back from dealer.

Thanks so much!

The stove is not sensing vaccum, while cleaning did you diturd any gaskets?If not try jumping the wires for the vaccum switch, if the stove runs well with it jumped ,you would need a new vaccum switch.

mnkywrnch said:
The stove is not sensing vaccum, while cleaning did you diturd any gaskets?If not try jumping the wires for the vaccum switch, if the stove runs well with it jumped ,you would need a new vaccum switch.
or to find the airleak causing the switch to be triggered

Your right thats why I asked if he disturb any gaskets while cleaning, assuming it ran fine before the cleaning.

Thanks for your replies! Did not touch any gaskets that I know of. Literally opened the door, took out burn pot, vacumned, put that back, opened ash pan and cleaned and closed that up.

Also...notice that we have a very hard time opening the door when it is cold. Have had to use a screwdriver to pry it open.

Still waiting to hear from dealer!

Very frustrated and at a loss. Don't want to start taking it all apart since it is brand new. Don't want to void any warranty or make things worse.

I know its new but when you put the burn pot back in was it fully seated,i.e no ash build up or pellet pieces under it that would cause a combustion air leak, just trying to make sense of it :-S

If you had to pry it open with a screwdriver, it's possible you might have damaged the door gasket.

Thanks everyone! Finally heard back from the dealer. Went through everything with him and he thinks there may be some sort of blockage in the venting or an air leak somewhere. I mentioned the door screwdriver thing and his response was yeah, that's pretty normal with these stoves since the door seals so tight. Told him that sounds ridiculous on a new stove. That's great that it seals tight, but you need to be able to open the thing.

One other thing is that we had asked him to install a fresh air intake....not required on this stove apparently, but he said we didn't need it. Now he's saying he should take another look.

So....long story, short...he's coming out next week to look at it.

I have sold and installed many empresses and I never had to PRY the door open

Check the Burn pot The pot that holds the liner. Make sure it is in its two notches in front.
Make sure you have all the ash out of it and not blocking the air intake also. NOT THE LINER the pot below it.

Status
Not open for further replies.