Can't get enough heat out of my system!?!?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My elements rest on supports that are built into/attached to the back of the shroud. I don't think I could raise them up without raising piping, elements & all. Unless I were to knock/cut those supports off & rig something else up for support.

Not sure if I missed it, did the house get warm with the Slant Fin boiler?

My elements rest on supports that are built into/attached to the back of the shroud. I don't think I could raise them up without raising piping, elements & all. Unless I were to knock/cut those supports off & rig something else up for support.
I moved shroud and all. Their was enough vertical movement in the pipes to move the entire baseboard, element and all in my case and I just unscrewed them, moved them up and screwed them back in. These were typical slantfin 30's that came up through the floor so it might be a bit tougher if they come through the wall.

I'm happy to report that the carpet guy came out and did a good job yesterday afternoon. We woke up this morning and the house was at 75°F. I dialed the thermostat back down to 69°, and have been smiling since.

I'm just hoping that it is not just because it was in the low 40's today.

Reactions: JP11
Status
Not open for further replies.