Can't get my pellets to feed :-(

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

akthor

Sep 14, 2012
Verona Island, Maine
So I spent the last two days installing my stove and now I can't get the pellets to feed.

It's a Magnum Baby Countryside, I replaced all the gaskets, cleaned and did the firepot and air wash mods. Got it installed but now I am trying to follow the manual directions for priming the auger.

Turn it on, wait a minute, hold down the auger button till pellets drop into the firepot. I follow the steps but no pellets dropping. Grrrrrrrrrr

Please help I have spent so much money and worked so hard installing this thing I am heartbroken I can't get it to work.

Tried the startup procedure as detailed on the Magnum site, everything works as it should except no pellets feed. Is there a key somewhere about what LEDs mean what on the control board?

Does the auger motor turn?

Is it connected to the auger?

The led information should be in the manual.

See page 31 in your manual.

Your controller is very similar to mine.

Did you set the draft to be open 1/4 of the way?

Is the air intake free of any packing material, likewise the venting?

Did the combustion blower start and spin up?

Yes on intake, yes all free of obstructions, blower motor started, after pellets burned for a little bit the fan came on too that blows the hot air into the room.

Open the side panel and visually look and see if the auger spins when you hit the button.

The Baby Countryside has a small bolt that stops the auger from just spinning the motor, which allows the auger to spin.

Have you tried to bypass the vacuum switch?

When you start the stove, if the door is open to long, you will trip the stove and it will shut down. The door MUST be closed to activate the vacuum switch.

Yes. Open it and watch for auger spinning. It should hit a long bolt, which stops the motor from free wheeling and allows the auger to spin.

Opening the door will make you lose vacuum. Also note what light flashes on the board if it doesn't start.

Dis you replace the window gasket with the new glass? No gasket = large by-pass?

Did new glass gasket, door gasket, dust hopper door gasket, pellet feed door gasket.

Didn't start a fire but turned it on and opened side door and held down the auger button and the auger did not spin :(

Take some time off and then jumper the vacuum switch and try again.

Let us know what happens.

I'm packing it in for this evening.

The auger light flashes green the whole time and for a little while after I turn it off.

There is what appears to be a speed or temp indicator on the left when I turn it on the is a red led one up from the bottom and one down from the top on it not sure what that means?

Yeah getting late here too I gotta work early in the am, can you tell me how to jumper the vacuum tomorrow when you get a chance? When I get home in between shifts around noon I will try again. Thanks for all the help guys.

Take a small 3"-6" wire and strip both ends. Then (unplug stove 1st!) Unplug wires from Vac switch and install the short wire (add spade connectors if possible). This will make stove think there is contact and should start the auger.

There is a little rubber hose (1/4"-1/2" hose). Going from it to the firebox. There are only 4 components inside the shell of the stove. The Combustion blower, convection blower, auger motor, and vacuum switch. Should be down low.

Status
Not open for further replies.