Can't get past 90 degree bend in exhaust

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jslinger

Jan 1, 2013
Vermont
I have tried the linteater, and Rutland flexible cleaning brush. I can't get either to go through the 90 degree bend in my stove vent. They both just bend once they get to the 90. I have access to a leaf blower, but I don't see how that could be as effective as a brush.
All suggestions are certain welcome.
Thanks

I've got that problem as well. Fortunately, I can run a brush from either direction to the 90 which does the job.

Maybe a stupid question, but are you using a drill to spin it?

Maybe a stupid question, but are you using a drill to spin it?

This is an important point, for example my lint eater wont even a pass a slight bend by hand but makes it with drill.

I have tried the drill. The rods just bend as soon as I get to the 90.

I'm not sure what brand of brush I have but it has a small plastic ball on the end to help it make corners. I can't push it through but on a drill about 1/2 speed it will bump and then go right on by. I do have to stabilize the rod with my free hand while spinning the brush. just my .02

Ok. Thanks for the help. I guess I will stick with it and spend more time with the linteater. That one will certainly bend 90, but isn't as flimsy as the Rutland brush.

Status
Not open for further replies.