Can't Get Your Prepaid Propane? Sorry. It Is Just Accounting.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Oh see the propane you paid for 3 months ago is in a pipeline 500 mi away. We only have the more expensive stuff on hand, here uhh at this particular moment.

Nice......

Yeah,,, BB that's just flat out breach of contract.
This winter will be a game changer for alternative heat sources. It's not just the cold but the longevity and how far south its been . Gonna make people think long and hard.

i spoke to a guy in Wi yesterday who bought a ton of pellets but the store only lets him take home 10 bags at a time. i asked him, you PAID for the whole ton? and they wont let you take YOUR pellets you just bought home? he said yep, due to the propane shortage they are rationing pellets, i told him i'd be back with the sherriff, he said they offered to refund the money but if they did they couldnt be sure if there would be any pellets when he came back to buy more.

Just ordered 200 gal for the tank (more than enough to get me through the rest of winter as I am above 20% still).
$1.58 per gal.

So when the wholesale price of propane goes up do they only charge more for the new propane and charge the old rice for what they already had on hand? It must be hell for them, keeping all those different deliveries in different storage to be sure they sell the right stuff at the right price.

Status
Not open for further replies.