Cant Hook With Log Stand

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I wouldn't mind to have a cant hook, I'm too cheap to lay down that much cash for one, let alone the extra cash for the log stand attachment.

I have the 60" Logrite Peavy w/ stand. I don't use the stand much but I use the peavey a lot, especially when I am cutting away from home and can't bring my tractor with me.

Logrite is a top quality made in USA tool that will last a lifetime.

peterc38 said:
I have the 60" Logrite Peavy w/ stand. I don't use the stand much but I use the peavey a lot, especially when I am cutting away from home and can't bring my tractor with me.

Logrite is a top quality made in USA tool that will last a lifetime.
I see in your signature you have a Kubota 76XX .
I grew up with that Modle.
At The end of the day we would have to Beat It With A Stick to get it to stop working!
Best Kubota ever made!

I like them but not sure its worth it?

Yep, I use my timber jack quite a bit. Ain't much good for big diameter stuff though. It goes into the truck along with the saw/bars/chains, fuel, oil and PPE.

I like mine , one move and i have a good length of wood off the ground and ready to cut.

With a little struggle I've had pretty good luck with bigger stuff. I just have to really slam the hook into it before I roll.

I have the big orange STIHL cant hook and log stand and have used it numerous times in the woods...Cutting and lifting off the ground for the Chainsaw ....including when I have cut standing dead trees and they hang up in others around it ...I take the cantilever and sink the hook into the base of the tree and start twisting...right before she lets go I can pull the cant off and down she comes easy peasy.....all precautions taken of course.

Nice handy tool and the Stihl one is sweet..although pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.