Can't wait for winter....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt LaCretes were a very decent pellet, a notch above Energex but below something like Okanagan DF. But then most pellets are below Oakie DF ! However my dealer is not handling LaCrete this year, so next down the list is Spruce Pointe for me. That dealer hasn't set pricing for this season yet. I have two tons of the Oakies held at my dealer for Jan on. I have not put in the other two tons yet that will dwell here. It's coming down to Pointes or Energex hardwood thus far. I'll know which and have them next month.
I'm getting 2 tons Energex Golden Premium Hardwoods[American] within next week or so..
Have only burned the Energex Premiums so far..... Goldens supposed to be 0.5 ash so will see..

Attachments

• Bag_AmericanPremium.png
    Bag_AmericanPremium.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Bag_PremiumHardwood.png
    Bag_PremiumHardwood.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 69
Snow is in our mountain forecast , that 1/2 hour and 2k feet straight up from here.

I work at a minimum of 7000ft elevation and still no snow. Just rain & fog.

Forecast for 27C this week. Summer is still hanging on.

I'm obsessed and embarrassed to say...lit up the Harman as it is 57 degrees in the house in beautiful balmy downtown NH. I last ran it in June (who'd of thought)! Maybe my beer is too cold. Actually tried to fire up the Jotul last night but definitely need to clean the chimney...just did not take off!

Well done. I will be running fires until we hit 85, makes the missus real cranky but hey it is in the name of science.
Funny thing, but as we transition through the seasons, I think about you folks south of the equater. As we look forward to Spring, you folks (with dread in my mind) look to winter and vice verca... Makes me also think, when you flush, does the water circulate left to right or the other way around? The things I think about! also enjoy you posts.

I took the kids to Disneyland many years ago and we were fascinated by your swirly water toilets.
Our toilets do not do that at all. We are very dry down here and if our flushes used as much water as the US toilets we would have the water police on our backs.
So to answer your question; it goes straight down.
In the quest for science I have just tested it in the sink and it swirls clockwise. Goes anti-clockwise up North doesn't it?
Clockwise up here. also have a low flow that just drops. staying on subject, which way do pellet augers turn? ...kidding!

Burned some GS last night that was still in the hopper from last June burn. Crap pellet but good for June/August. Trees are already turning here. What the heck!

Status
Not open for further replies.