Cap knowledge anyone?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the least,for easing your mind,add another section and run up without the brush,see how much stuff falls down.
Got to get another section first, wasn't planning on 25 ft not making it. I was thinking this liner overall is 23 but that's not counting the T and topper ! So no wonder. Ya that should do it, it spins easy enough, just when the drill started to work at all I had the chuck stuffed into the T. At that point I said forget it. BUt when I pulled the drill down, it felt like the rods unwound a bit, giving me 18" or so of slack. I had nothing coming out of the T bottom by now though, so I think it's clear. As you say, it's more about peace of mind.

Nope, got a gentle S bend where it goes past the old smoke shelf. Well, I don't want to mess with this in January short of a quicky mid season brushing so now I need my thinking cap on.
Glad you got most of it cleaned.

Have you tried to push it up without the drill? For me, the flexible one went further without it. Then hook up the drill and run it only while you are pulling it back out. The pulling tension seemed to keep the rods from twisting up.

If it doesn't work, try again with no drill and no brush like Bob Bare said.

Glad you got most of it cleaned.

Have you tried to push it up without the drill? For me, the flexible one went further without it. Then hook up the drill and run it only while you are pulling it back out. The pulling tension seemed to keep the rods from twisting up.

If it doesn't work, try again with no drill and no brush like Bob Bare said.
I have not tried that. Well I did try that with no drill back last month or so but didn't get anywhere with it. The drill seems to help with the brush though but did not try it with no brush.

Status
Not open for further replies.