carb adjustment on new saws

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your pro shop is also required to tune to factory specs which means they will just leave it alone. Your expensive shop tuneup won't be the same as an optimized tune by you with your own tools.

Heres one better...my new limbing saw....Stihl 180, has NO ADJUSTMENTS on the carb If it falls out of adjustment so have to replace the carb. I know this because my new one is smoking like crazy and stalling...and dealer will do nothing for me.

Stihl 180, has NO ADJUSTMENTS on the carb If it falls out of adjustment so have to replace the carb
Check ebay for AfterMarket MS180 carbs...run from $8-$14.

Heres one better...my new limbing saw....Stihl 180, has NO ADJUSTMENTS on the carb If it falls out of adjustment so have to replace the carb. I know this because my new one is smoking like crazy and stalling...and dealer will do nothing for me.
Are you sure there are no adjustments? I have heard of some being covered in a epoxy type filling.If you dig out the epoxy there are regular adjusting screws under it.
Thomas

Look at it ts way, you elected the officials that are sticking it up your behind. Pollution police are everywhere... except in my garage....

Status
Not open for further replies.