carb issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sclarke

Oct 21, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
I am trying to get my 029 to run properly but it keeps blowing gas out of the carb. so far I have read that this could be a timing issue but the key is built into the flywheel and everything seems aligned. others have suggested a blockage of sorts in the exhaust but the port is clear. I havent rebuilt the carb but the diaphragm looks ok. what do you think, is it a matter of adjustment or something else? when I rev up the throttle, gas shoots back out of the carb. any thoughts? thanks

Does the saw idle fine? Plugged exhaust sounds like a good possibility - did you check the spark screen as well as the port? Cheers!

Spit back is common on two strokes. If it is really bad a worn piston skirt is usually the culprit. Pull your muffler and check the piston through the port.

Could be the coil. Just fixed a friends Husky doing the same thing.It would start and idle but when you tried to give it throttle it would pop and spit then die.Just a thought

So did you ever get your issue with spit-back solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.