1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

carb issues

Post in 'The Gear' started by sclarke, Oct 1, 2013.

1. sclarke

sclarke Member

Loc:
    Cincinnati, OH
    I am trying to get my 029 to run properly but it keeps blowing gas out of the carb. so far I have read that this could be a timing issue but the key is built into the flywheel and everything seems aligned. others have suggested a blockage of sorts in the exhaust but the port is clear. I havent rebuilt the carb but the diaphragm looks ok. what do you think, is it a matter of adjustment or something else? when I rev up the throttle, gas shoots back out of the carb. any thoughts? thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Does the saw idle fine? Plugged exhaust sounds like a good possibility - did you check the spark screen as well as the port? Cheers!
  3. Fifelaker

Fifelaker Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Mi
    Spit back is common on two strokes. If it is really bad a worn piston skirt is usually the culprit. Pull your muffler and check the piston through the port.
  4. Pdesjr

Pdesjr New Member

Loc:
    CT
    Could be the coil. Just fixed a friends Husky doing the same thing.It would start and idle but when you tried to give it throttle it would pop and spit then die.Just a thought
  5. Pdesjr

Pdesjr New Member

Loc:
    CT
    The needle in the carb could be stuck open also
  6. Clarkbug

Clarkbug Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Upstate NY
    So did you ever get your issue with spit-back solved?