carb Screws

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

04HemiRam2500

Feeling the Heat
Jul 10, 2013
SW PA
I just got a poulan 4218 from harbor freight. I took the carb screws out of the carburetor to cut slots in them with the dremel in order to adjust the carb. The problem is I do not remember how far in they went. I have played with it still no luck for a nice tune. My question is there some way to turn them all the way in and then can I turn them back out a certain amount in order to get it close to working. I think I saw somewhere that you turn them all the way in then turn them out two whole turns to get them close to factory.

I am not sure if this is correct so I wanted to ask before I keep playing with it.

I mean the high and low carburetor adjustment screws is what I am discussing.

I mean the high and low carburetor adjustment screws is what I am discussing.
sorry, I didn't see it said poulan. I need glasses bad. lol. I can't help, if it were and edelbrock with a blower on it I would be able to do it. but that poulan is out of my league. lol sorry.

fifelakeer do you mean 1.25 turns out from all the way in?

Status
Not open for further replies.