Carbon-copy stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymond

Oct 1, 2006
For those in the stove industry, the choices must seem plentiful. And maybe this is a regional thing but when I first starting looking into buying a stove, they all looked the same. The first 3 or 4 places I checked, which carried the likes of Regency, Quadra-fire, Pacific, etc, were black, had steel tops rolled down on the forward edge, and came in pedastal form or with Queen Anne legs. All their doors even had the same shape.

This was before I found the Aspen which is a better fit for my dinky 320sq ft cabin. The others seemed to be too much stove.

I have to wonder if there is a cheap off-shore source of parts like legs and doors, which seem to come in the same types of optional finishes, and is this the reason for the similiarities.

no, only europe wants to take the plunge into the freky realm. A steel stove looks like steel stoves look, and cast is basicly the same. Woodstock and hearthstone are a few of the unique ones on the market. Europe has some crazy cool stuff.

It's just that they seemed so identical that I was wondering if the legs and doors all came from the same source. And the price's in B.C. (Canada) were very close between the different ones.

The VC line and Jotul are carried here at specialty stores and lucky for me, the main stove warehouse for the entire province is 2 miles away from where I live. And when I upgraded to the black porcelian enamel version of the Aspen, I couldn't believe it when they said there was 4 at the distributor 2 buildings down from the store. I assumed I would have to wait 6-8 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.