Carolina waterstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scottnc

Sep 26, 2008
Southeast
Woodstove wannabe here. Hope someone can help. We are in the process of buying a house that has a Carolina waterstove. I have not been able to find any info online. The present owner never actually moved into the house and knows nothing about the stove. I talked to the heating and air contractor who just last December replaced the geothermal unit(s) in the house. He said the waterstove had been hooked-up and usable but for the owners boyfriend being a "knob turner" and having damaged one or more of the stoves water control valves in the process of turning them to "see what they do". Evidently the valves seats now do not seal correctly and as a result there is water slowly dripping from the vent tube. My guess is that whatever anti-corrosive there was is flushed and the unit is full of well water.

Do any of you know of the Carolina waterstove company and if they still exist? How about info on operating the unit I have (there is no model number/ID plate)?

Any help is appreciated!
Scott

Welcome to the forum - I've never heard of one - a couple of photos would help see what your talking about

I will attempt pictures tomorrow. What led me to this web site was an old post that came up when I Googled "Carolina Waterstove". I emailed a poster from the origional discussion with no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.