Carolina wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Old man

Jan 15, 2017
United States
IMG_0155.PNG
Can someone please help me identify the model of this stove

Last edited by a moderator:
Also ... I'm going through wall and up side of house with flue. Should I stick with 8" same as outlet size?

it looks like a buck stove to me but there were many copies out there also. And yes if the outlet is 8" the chimney should be 8" to

Thanks. I finally got the id plate clean enough to slightly make out the brand and model. Can't make out clearance specs or nothing else. It's a Bat Cave Carolina 1

Can't make out clearance specs or nothing else. It's a Bat Cave Carolina 1
ok so it is a buck copy. I can tell you the clearances are probably 36" to combustibles

Ok thanks. Started clean up and inspection today, the old boy is looking pretty good. Have one question so far. The fire brick on bottom of fire box has space between them and walls should i seal around them? Its maybe 1/4 " gap

Ok thanks. Started clean up and inspection today, the old boy is looking pretty good. Have one question so far. The fire brick on bottom of fire box has space between them and walls should i seal around them? Its maybe 1/4 " gap
You mean there is a gap inside between the firebick and the side walls? If so then no that will fill with ash and not be a problem.