carpenter ants?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 7 or Sevin issue started with me - my bad. I think the wife has some of the Sevin for use around her roses, so I'll swipe that till I can get something mo' better.
no problem i knew what you where talking about that is how I answered your question. i may not be an english major but i was this trying to help you JeffersonCoKs.

Reactions: JeffersonCoKs
I think the 7 or Sevin issue started with me - my bad. I think the wife has some of the Sevin for use around her roses, so I'll swipe that till I can get something mo' better.

I just checked online...page 5 of the Sevin product label specifically excludes carpenter ants from the list of pests it is effective against. It may put them in a bad mood, but won't solve your problem. (And a correction...Ortho sold Sevin to GardenTech several years ago).

I was cutting and splitting a big black locust this spring, near my house, and there was a colony of carpenter ants in it. When I finished splitting for the day, I noticed that the Robins would swoop down to my pile and quickly take care of any wandering ants. I took me a couple of weeks to split the tree up. There were always several Robins nearby, waiting for me to take a break so they could gorge themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.