cascade impeller

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue50

Dec 8, 2015
Canada
Hi all,

I have a Pre-Lennox Whitfield Cascade. It has a single motor running both convection and exhaust fans. The stove is cleaned regularly and the chimney vacuumed frequently. I have noticed lately that there seems to be less air going to the firebox, yet the convection air is unchanged. Since one motor powers both fans I reasoned that the exhaust impeller may be sooted up. Does this seem probable? I can find no directions for cleaning the impeller for this kind of stove.

Hi all,

I have a Pre-Lennox Whitfield Cascade. It has a single motor running both convection and exhaust fans. The stove is cleaned regularly and the chimney vacuumed frequently. I have noticed lately that there seems to be less air going to the firebox, yet the convection air is unchanged. Since one motor powers both fans I reasoned that the exhaust impeller may be sooted up. Does this seem probable? I can find no directions for cleaning the impeller for this kind of stove.

A couple other points: The owners manual provides no guidance for this kind of service, and also, if left on the high setting for any length of time, will overheat and shut down.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.