Cast iron question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
if cast iron on stove has slight warping that's occurred, does this typically get worse or can further warping cease if proper burning procedures are then used.
Thanks

It is hard to say. It could stop and never go further even if you over fire it again or it could continue to warp even if you do everything right. It is not very predictable

Is it your Jotul that's warping?

Its the Jotul I am thinking of. The front lip as seen once you open the door, has a very, very slight bowing effect outwards. I noticed it about halfway through last burning season. Took out a metal ruler, it's very very slight, does not appear to impact functioning. I gave the inside-and the part of outside that is visible with it being an insert- a look with flashlight and cannot see any noticeable warping or cracking...all looks fine.

image.jpg image.jpg I have added pics. I'm pointing to where you may be able to see slight bowing effect.

Lightened image image.jpg

I don't know about the cast iron . . . but those hands.

I've never seen hands like these before. They're so soft and milky white. You know who's hands they remind me of? Ray McKigney -- the most exquisite hands you've ever seen. Oh, he had it all . . .

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.