Cast Iron stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pharmsaler

Dec 12, 2010
Western PA
So when I was talking to my dealer today he told me there is approx a 1-2 week delay in getting my stove. He said that Enviro has changed where it is getting their cast iron units imported from Ireland. He said there was kind-of only one manufacture in the US that makes all the cast iron inserts, that includes ones for Vermont Castings, Harmon, Enviro,... He said Enviro wasn't happy with the quality they were getting and decided to go to Ireland to get their manufactured.

Am I getting buffaloed here? It kind of made sense to me because I remember reading all the issues with VC stoves over the last few years

What are your thoughts?????

Hearthstone cast iron (for my Shelburne, at least) is made in Spain. The stoves are assembled in US.

Most inserts I know of are steel at heart with just cast iron facades. VC's foundry does cast a lot of parts for other manufacturers, so maybe that is what he was referring to?

I don't know where Hearthstone gets the cast iron for the Clydesdale insert but yes it is a cast iron firebox. Maybe Taiwan.

Status
Not open for further replies.