1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

cast iron vs. steel; sizing pellet stove

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by learninglife, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil

Phil New Member

Hi to all

Many thanks for all your comments and anwsers. Wow ! extremly efficient community here contrary to my wood stove. My stove is not that hold, its a Napoleon mid range firebox. I dont remember the commercial name. It's about 3 years hold. When I was talking about a cord of wood, my definition of it, is 8'*4'*16''. The esscence of the wood is 90% Maple. May be the problem is not the stove, but the person who runs it. :)

HarryBack
    I dont understand this:
    What does it mean ? And could you give me a more acurate pricing in US$ that you where refering to please ?(
    ) The problem is that there is only one provider in Quebec for the Harman stoves. I am trying to look if there is a alternative way or means to get the P68@ a better price. (By the way this is more my domain(where I work) http://www.dalsasemi.com/, nothing to do with stove)

Thanks everyone for your time !

Philippe

OK ! Google to the rescue for MY market

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. HarryBack

HarryBack New Member

Loc:
    Western Massachusetts
    ok- currently, we are selling the Harman P68 at $2299 US. What I meant by MY market is that Ive most likely got more competition than many folks for Harman, and one of MY competition is known as a major discounter.
    Im not sure that there is much you can do about the pricing in your area. The Harman dealer who sells the unit is responsible for servicing it......for instance, I could sell you a unit, but I have no intention of ever going to Quebec to service it if there were a problem, so we dont sell stoves out of our "market". Your local dealer is also not required to service a unit he/she didnt sell, so by buying a unit at a distance, you might have a seroius issue if your stove has problems.
    By the way, our $2299 US for the P68 is a crated unit....that price includes absolutely NOTHING other than the stove....no delivery, no installation, no pipe, no pellets, no add-ons such as gold trim, logset, etc.
  3. Phil

Phil New Member

Thanks HarryBack !
  4. learninglife

learninglife New Member

Well $2299 is quite a bit less than all the dealers around me sell it for. :-( The range I got was $2700-2900 with no extras.
  5. HarryBack

HarryBack New Member

Loc:
    Western Massachusetts
    we might go up $100-$200 in July.....we'll see.
  6. moog5

moog5 Member

Loc:
    Shingle Springs, CA
    Advantages of cast iron over steel: I my opinion looks. Cast iron looks more traditional. I like cast iron because it looks like the old wood stoves used to look.

I have a 2100 sf 2 story, with a big great room where the stove is. The stairway leading up stairs has a double landing (2 flights) with an opening to the second floor of about 6' by 10' (a big opening). It abuts the main living area, so the heat from the room where the stove is easily rises up. During the winter you can feel half the air in the opening to the 2nd floor rising up, and the cooler air which is being displaced sinking back down. The upstairs stays within a few degrees of the downstairs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.