Castile combustion blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ggmiii74

Oct 5, 2016
Illinois
Has anyone replaced one of these? I have a freestanding 11 year old Castile, just ordered a new convection and combustion blowers today. the convection blower is straight forward, I had it out to clean it when I first bought the stove. The combustion blower looks like a whole different beast to get in and out of there easily. Any tips appreciated

Before I disassemble, I draw a schematic or take a picture so I get wiring back where it belongs;)

Not difficult to change, just kinda an up angle into the housing. They go with loosening and slightly turning and taking off the motor. Make sure you have a replacement gasket, I'd suggest the new rubberized orange one, it'll last forever and will be easy to take motor off in future (for future cleanings after each season.) I'm assuming you know to take off side and back chambers to gain access... take care.

The 2005 manual actually has some decent photos for a good visual and fairly detailed step by step written instructions. Toughest part is usually getting decent access depending on how it is installed...

Reactions: kappel15
PB Blaster or similar may help loosen tough screws. Plan it out so you don't miss the turkey!

I'll be recovering from turkey when I perform surgery on the Castile.... pull it out Friday after Thanksgiving and put a new surround up, new blowers, then she's back in her spot for hopefully a long time. We purchased 3 tons of somersets, and a ton of corn to burn this winter, just got the corn today, $110 for a ton of dried shelled corn. Ready for winter :)

Enjoy the turkey but don't go crazy on the pie otherwise you'll be too stuffed to move and won't get it done;lol

It's easy to change out. That gasket don sells sucks though. You should buy the new orange gasket. It last.

Don't you take your motor off after every ton to clean anyways?

Reactions: kappel15
This is my first winter burning pellets, I just bought the stove a couple months ago.... so I haven't burnt a ton of pellets yet. I'll take your advice and get the orange gasket.... thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.