Castile Convection (room blower) fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smalltown

Minister of Fire
Oct 1, 2008
Western Maine
While cleaning my convection blower squirrel cage fans I managed to break one.
My Castile has two plastic squirrel cages. I haven't been able to locate any replacement yet.
I'm going to try to epoxy the small broken piece back in place.

Does anybody know where I might be able to get a replacement part?
I have no idea who makes the convection blower assembly for Quadrafire, but maybe if someone had that info I could search on that.

Thanks in advance for any help.

As far as I know, you can't just get a squirrel cage.You might check with a dealer near you and see if they have replaced some fans, and have the old ones they intend to throw away, that you could get a cage off of. But glueing it back together should work too. kap

I hear you kap I was kind of hoping some Castile owner on here might have replaced there own blower assembly, and had the carcass laying around !

I imagine the squirrel cage fan for my Castile fits other models as well.

kap I took your suggestion and visited my local stove shop where I bought my stove, and all my gaskets etc.
They took my name, and if any defective convection blowers come into the shop they will give me a call.
In the meantime if anybody has one don't be shy !

I may be able to help. Is the fan metal or the plastic one? I have a spare and will look where I put it.

Yup I got it. Looks like it's the metal blades. Think they went to plastic.

Should work for u. Pm your info I will send it to u.

I have a insert so I would think there the same?

Fish on yes mine is the plastic. I wonder if there is a weight issue with plastic on one side and metal on the other?

Jonkman yes mine looks like that just don't know if it will fit. They don't show any Quadrafire numbers.

Fish on yes mine is the plastic. I wonder if there is a weight issue with plastic on one side and metal on the other?

Jonkman yes mine looks like that just don't know if it will fit. They don't show any Quadrafire numbers.

There was another post in here somewhere last winter about a castile blower...and somebody posted the ebay linked stating that it would fit and they had purchased it before..so I saved it in my ebay watch list just in case I needed one someday. Looks like you might have to strip the wires and add ends etc. not sure.

Price is right, and I'm sure you can return if not the proper fit. Up to you of course...

I doubt if it will make that much difference. If u want to spend the money buy that on eBay.

Or I will send it to u for free. Giant paper weight on my work bench anyways.

Let me see if I can get it off first.

I epoxied the plastic squirrel cage together, and installed to see how things would works/sound. Much to my surprise my convection blower is extremely quiet. It's so quiet that several times we thought that the blower hadn't come on.
I've got a theory on why my convection blower is more quite than before, but I'll add that to another post.

Status
Not open for further replies.