Castile efficiency

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or some of the workers didn't realize that English goes from left to right

Mine is a top-airwash (gasket on bottom) door with corner-rope only (none in the center).

What's the point of the left rear plate if it is blocked off by rope at the center? It looks like the rope would restrict airflow into the combustion blower. I just re-read your springs thread... wondering now if you'd transfer more heat into those left tubes by removing the center ropes.

Here's another difference: my rods clean all 8 tubes, and all the way around them:
View attachment 121398
So you only have 8 tubes also? I thought I was the only one with 8 tubes, and everyone else has 10...

So you only have 8 tubes also? I thought I was the only one with 8 tubes, and everyone else has 10...
Yup, I don't know when (or why) they changed. I did notice that it's called 'Castile-B' in the current owner's manual, for whatever that's worth.

Well, welcome to the 8 tube club! lol...
Hey, BMod, you have 10 tubes but you only have springs in 8 of them, like I do, right?

I am running on straight pellets for the first time ever, in a large volume, I usually only use them in the warm spring time temps. Here is what I am finding.
Stove set on low, control box set on +10%
Convection fan set on high, springs in 8 of my 10 heat exchanger tubes
Adjustable snap disk to turn convection fan on soon, and keep it on longer at shut down.
Door sealed at top, and sides, was bottom and sides.
40# bag of fleet farm pellets in 24hrs
This has kept a 15 year old 1600 sq.ft. house about 63 to 68 degrees, with outside temps of -15 to +5.
I think I am doing pretty good with this setup? What do you guys think?

:)

It's hell to get old, isn't it? hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.