Castile Exhaust Blower Removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peirhead

Feeling the Heat
Aug 8, 2008
PEI Canada
Its spring cleaning time and I have heard it is quite a job to remove the exhaust blower from a Quad Castile free standing...does anyone have experience with this and have a procedure...maybe some pics?? thanks

the combustion blower is a pain to remove it is easier if you can pull the stove out so you can remove the back panel. Or you can get a long bottle brush and a can of air and go in through the exhaust port to clean it

This really isn't that bad of a job if you're handy. You'll need to remove the right side panel, the covection fan and then the back panel. Small hands help! The fan is held on by 4-5 metal screws, use a nut driver, not a screw driver (a magnetic one works good so you don't drop the screws)! Getting it back on is the tough part, I ended up sticking the gasket onto the fan so it was nice and lined up with the screw holes, used a little silicone to do so. If you look at how the stove is put together, figuring out how it comes apart is fairly intuitive.

The fan on my stove has key holes so all you have to do is loosen up the screw and turn the fan a small amount then pull it out. I put the gasket back on the screws first because it was key holed also. My stove is less than a year old though so it might be something new there doing with the fan.

Thanks for the helpful replies..since this is my first summer cleaning I may leave the fan in this time...I just cleaned the vanes with a toothbrush and it seems still really clean so it probably doesn't need removal this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.