Castile Insert Out side Air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyd

Feeling the Heat
Aug 8, 2008
Hughesville Md
Where on the stove do you connect the outside air pipe? How does it get connected ? I saw a hole that comes through to the burn pot but it doesn't create a draw? Do you have to close off any other part of the stove to keep the air from being pulled from the house?

Thanks slls. My older manual doesn't cover the oak. I still have a question as to how the stove pulls the air . I covered the hole where you connect the oa pipe (while the stove was running) and felt no draw. Can someone explain. Thanks

When you cover that hole the stove has other places to pickup air.
Air wash, around the heat exchanger clean out rod, the holes where the pallet was bolted, I could go on but I thinK you get the idea.
That hole would be the place of least resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.