Castile Insert won't light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

castile

Feb 1, 2009
Northern Maine
My castile insert stopped working. I have thoroughtly cleaned the exhaust blower and blew out the vacuum hose and cleaned the auger channel. The reset button is not responding, the auger is not turning and the igniter will not turn on. I have tried each safety button I can find but nothing seems to work. When I plug the unit in, the exhaust fan does work but nothing else seems to be working. Is there something I am missing or do I need to get someone out here to look at the stove?

Does your Castille have a thermostat? If so, turn the thermostat as high as it will go. Leave it on this for 15 or 20 minutes, then adjust the thermostat on the room setting you want.

See if #2 snap disc needs resetting, orange wires, feeds power to vacuum switch.

Those thermostats can drive you nuts when you want to do one thing and it's set to do another. Done that a few times myself. Just another off thought. Try unplugging it for a minute or so and see if it performs some sort of magic reset. Likely it won't but you never know.

Driz said:
Try unplugging it for a minute or so and see if it performs some sort of magic reset. Likely it won't but you never know.

Yes, good idea. I have had to this from time to time, and it does work!

Status
Not open for further replies.