Castile new red gaskets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish On

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2009
The other Cape..
Did my first ton cleaning so far this year and was very happy that quad combustion gasket part number 812470 I think is not the crappy white one. Replaced with a nice red rtv type

So hopefully this may last a while. Anyone else replace and after cleaning able to use again

Cheers!

I can't even find it in my parts list. Only orange reusable gasket I know of is for the AE. Time to do some snooping I guess. kap

Ya I was surprised myself. It's out there home and hearth part so it's for real. I hope I get a few uses out of it.

I typed the part # into my parts list and it wouldn't come up. If it is like the AE one, you will. Nice to see them doing it with the other stoves. Hope they do it for the rest too. kap

Ecoteck has orange/red silicone gaskets - year four and getting close to replacing the combustion fan gasket. Dried out from inside edges and starting to crack. Not sure what the replacements cost yet... Inspection port gaskets are still OK. Would imagine similar to the Castile's?

My bad part number 812 4710

Go to e blah blah and type in and u will see what it looks like..

If I get 4 years out of this gasket would be wonderful.

Cheers!

Looks the same material wise as what is on the Ecotecks .... my stove arrived with a nip on the one flange but hasn't effected the function of the gasket. By the time I noticed, Northland Distributing was out of business :(

Attachments

• Fall 2013 008 (533x800).jpg
    Fall 2013 008 (533x800).jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 100
Sure beats paying for one that is overpriced every year when you take comb. fan out to clean.

Lake Girl : If you remove the 6 philips head screws to remove your blower (for cleaning), rather than the allen bolts on the outer edge of the blower housing, you can save the wear & tear on that outer gasket. There is no gasket between the motor flange and the housing.

Lake Girl : If you remove the 6 philips head screws to remove your blower (for cleaning), rather than the allen bolts on the outer edge of the blower housing, you can save the wear & tear on that outer gasket. There is no gasket between the motor flange and the housing.
I took it off to check on the condition of the gasket ... While I've got your ear, the smoke probe has what appears to be foil around it where it comes through the exhaust housing. Does it cover the whole probe or just the transition from cable to metal end - second Elena has nothing and flops through the grommet. Forgot to look when I was in cleaning the Elena Air... ;em

By foil, you mean like someone wrapped a small piece of foil around the probe? or that the foil is part of the cable?
Mine has nothing that I would describe as foil. The probe wire has a metal braid cover, which then ends in a metal "thimble", or cap, which sticks thru the orange grommet. The tip of the probe should not have any foil on it. Maybe the prior owner added some foil, to get a better seal at the grommet. My grommet became rather loose, so I just blobbed some high-temp RTV around the probe, on the outside of the exhaust housing, so the probe wouldn't fall out. I have been meaning to buy a replacement grommet from North Forge....

Reactions: Lake Girl
Status
Not open for further replies.