CASTILE NOT ROARING WITH HARDOOD PELLETS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GIPPER

Sep 24, 2009
southern ma
JUST STARTED MY STOVE TODAY. NO ROAR JUST A NICE PERECT BURN. I"M BURNING BAREFOOT PREMIUM PLUS HARDWOODS.

gipper,

We know your happy, But please turn off the caps. Your yelling at us all.

Doesn't your stove have a softwood setting like the MT Vernon?

GIPPER said:
JUST STARTED MY STOVE TODAY. NO ROAR JUST A NICE PERECT BURN. I"M BURNING BAREFOOT PREMIUM PLUS HARDWOODS.

WELLWELL, KEEPKEEP,BURNINGBURNING THEMTHEM

jtakeman said:
gipper,

We know your happy, But please turn off the caps. Your yelling at us all.

Doesn't your stove have a softwood setting like the MT Vernon?

The Castile doesn't have any fancy settings like that. ;-P Just three heat level settings and a manual feed rate slide gate that people seem to avoid adjusting to the correct level based on all the posts I've been reading. This is my first year with the stove so I'm no expert. I just read the manual........................... :cheese:

Hardwood? Softwood? Doesn't matter, really, get over it. Burn what your stove likes. 40lbs is 40lbs. Not trying to be an arse, but the hardwood/softwood deal is a non-issue. Burn what works well in your stove, that's all. Me? I like softwood, just because of the way it smells, really.

GIPPER said:

Burned Lignetics last year which are top of the line but man these Barefoots are nice. No clinkers whatsoever, plenty of heat, and I had to back down my feed rate. Paid a bit extra for them but they are my new favorites. Perfect burn here as well!

I TRY TO ADJUST MY FEEDRATE WITH ALL THE DIFFERENT PELLETS I'VE TRIED.THE ONLY SOFTWOODS I CAN BURN ARE SPRUCE-POINTES,NEWP(TAN).I'M NOT SURE IF GREENE-TEAMS ARE SOFT. THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT RESPONSES.

Status
Not open for further replies.