Castile Qudra Fire Pellet Stove - Need advice bad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the #2 snap disc is on the right side of your stove 2 orange wires it has the same button as the #3 if the 3 tripped the 2 most likely did as welltry reseting it

castilequadraCO said:
Ok the auger is not turning, when i connect the thermostat jump the whine noise is because the auger is not turning.

next step?

PS - red light is on constant

How did you determine that your auger is not turning? ''the whine noise is because the auger is not turning''?????

These turn very slow! You need to really pay attention. A full cycle of on for a second or two, off for a second or two and they turn maybe a quarter revolution or so. I'd bet the whine noise is the auger turning, or at least trying to. If you confirm that it is powered and jammed, it can be removed fairly easily. Check the intake on the hopper where the auger is too, may sure there's not a matchbox car in there. Don't ask. Red light is normal when it is actively calling for heat and cannot sense fire, this is the status when it runs dry on pellets.

Yea, I agree. The reason I asked the question is because on mine, there is NO WAY to see the auger turning. The first inclination is to open the door and look up the chute to see if it's turning but, as you know, that would kill the vacuum and the feed. Secondly, even IF you could do that, the auger will only turn continuously for a short time if you push the reset button. That's why I wanted to know how long the squealing noise lasted. It would tell us if it's the auger or not. It could be 'normal' rubbing or it could be that the auger is slipping on its motor shaft. That's why your suggestion of pulling the auger assembly makes sense as a next step.

Czech said:
Check the intake on the hopper where the auger is too, may sure there's not a matchbox car in there. Don't ask.

Too funny. Must be a toddler in the house. Reminds my of when I had a toilet in the back yard trying to back flush out the Thomas engine with a hose. I never did get an explanation of what my then 3 or 4 year old was thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.