Castille thermostat with fan control?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mr Tibbs

Sep 11, 2011
Utah
Yesterday i purchased and installed a programable thermostat (Quad branded Lux I believe) for my Quad Castille insert. Here is the thermostat. I hooked up the two wires and set up the thermostat, but noticed it does not have control of the fan. Is there an easy way to wire up fan control for the Castille? It sure would be nice if the stove could crank itself to high if need be.

No such thermostat exists.

Take a look at the following thread, post #18
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/nest-thermostat.93351/

I did basically the same thing but did not use a nest thermostat. Instead I used an ICM SC5812 thermostat. Works pretty well, but I think that I will eventually replace the ice cube type relays with a PCL and get more what I am looking for.

Reactions: kappel15
Your fan and feed rates are controlled by the lo/med/hi switch on the stove.

Reactions: kappel15