castine floor model?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverstone

Nov 25, 2007
Northwest Michigan
Hi All,

Asked this in another thread, but just curious: I've been looking for a Castine for a while now, and my good local dealer, who I've had positive, professional experiences with all along, will sell me their last one of the year, a matte black floor model, for 1485--just the stove. Won't be installed until the fall, after a hearth rebuild to permanently fix my mantle clearance problems.

Just looking for anyone who thinks this is a good, or a bad, price for an end-of-season sale Castine.
Thanks!

Sounds pretty good. I bought mine 5 weeks ago for $1399.00 in Spokane WA from a company called Falco's. You are in the ballpark and your dealer likely has some room to go down further.

I'd say you guys are both getting very good deals. Especially, considering the state of the dollar.

Hi Riverstone,
You might want to keep an eye on Ebay right now. A Chicago dealer has a floor model Castine up for auction. With 10 hours left, the highest bid is $710. Now, the reserve has not been met and it's likely that bidding will be brisk during the last hour. Still it's worth watching. Are you about 4-5 hours from Chicago?

Chip in Ann Arbor

I was thinking about that, too, Chip, though I've got to factor in $150 in gas for the truck. Not to mention the dealer here will help with install, and I'd like to be in their good local graces...just wanted to know if that really was a decent price...Thanks for the heads-up!

Status
Not open for further replies.