Castine - How much is it worth?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mmichaud

I have just replace my 5 year old Castine with a Jotul Oslo. Nothing wrong with the Castine, just wasn't big enough for my application. When I bought the stove 5 years ago it was between the Castine and the Oslo. I thought the Oslo would be too large. I was wrong.
So now it's time to sell the Castine. I am not sure what to ask for it. I have no idea what the used stove market will bring. Overall, the stove is in very good shape. The stove is matte black and has a fire screen. Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Mike

Attachments

• DSC00850(2).jpg
    DSC00850(2).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 203
I think it would be fair to ask about half of what you paid for it.

In looking at 10-15 of them for sale right now on Craigslist, ranging from 1 year old to 12 years old average price seems to be about $800-$900.

NP

I was gonna say around $500 maybe 6

Looks like "nonprophite" nailed it for you. Ask for $900.00 for starters.

Cleaned up and repainted I would guess closer to $1000 in peak season. Otherwise about $800. If you are not into repainting, then clean the glass, vacuum out completely and wipe down with a slightly dampened rag.

Status
Not open for further replies.