Castine question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

f700

Jan 8, 2008
New Hampshire
Okay, another question. Lately when I load it up before bed (temp is around 350) I fill it to the top, shut air all the way down I have been going into what appears to be excessive secondary burn? This just recently started to happen. Stove is only 3 weeks old and all gaskets seem fine. Ideas?

My Castine is almost two years old and it will do the same thing with very well seasoned wood and a good draft. Sometimes I can only crack the air control open and the stove will sit at 500 degrees but will settle there. To try to solve this I have used larger pieces of wood. I also don't pack it as full and still achieve hot coals 8 hours later to relite.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.