Casting an ant colony.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man - that is one surefire way to tick off a bunch of ants.;em

Amazing that they are that large with only one route in/out.

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
It looked like several entrances for that really big one. Weird tunnels running off and out

Yeah - I see that now. I guess I was too drawn to the enormity of the colony.

!!! Where's my can of gasoline?

Yeah - I see that now. I guess I was too drawn to the enormity of the colony.
is like Los Angeles for ants....sorta starts just north of San Diego and goess all the way to North Ridge...urban sprawl...in 3D.

WOW. AP-how do you suppose that portable furnace works? All I saw was a lined can? Where the heck is the fuel source, etc...plus there must be some kind of blower?

WOW. AP-how do you suppose that portable furnace works? All I saw was a lined can? Where the heck is the fuel source, etc...plus there must be some kind of blower?
I need to go back and watch- but I suspect gas burners

looked like he was dropping chunks of coal in it. I saw the hole in the lower rim for what I assume would be for the blower.

Status
Not open for further replies.