Casting Mark on Intrepid II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

backpack09

Minister of Fire
Sep 10, 2007
Rochester, Mass
Are all of the Intrepid IIs casted with 1987 on the inside/cat of the stove? My brother is looking at one, and the only info the seller can give about the age of the stove is that casting mark.

The UL listing plate on the back of the stove has the date of manufacture on it. That 1987 isn't the date of manufacture, just the date the casting was first made.

The first run of Intrepids had the certification date 1987 stamped inside one should be looking at the label attached to the back of the stove

the very first ones were tested to Oregon specs. the next model run does not have 1987 stamped on then I think 1998 there after. Sounds like he has the first model run

same as I have

Status
Not open for further replies.