Castle pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jstrat

Feb 13, 2015
ma
Hi, just installed new castle pellet stove when I fired it up I had a loud whistle noise coming from the bottom of the door, called customer service and explained that the seal around the door seemed to be leaking, no problem they sent me a new door (great service) new door came within a week easy to replace but same problem. Any one else had this problem? PS, Love the stove

Just installed my Castle Serenity, November 12. GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE ! I noticed a slight wine/hum on #2 heat setting. I thought it was the distribution fan though. After awhile it went away. I think your stove may have some small issues which will resolve over time. Either that or we just get use to the little querks.
Did they send a whole new door or just the door gasket?
Stay in touch.
Jake

Hey Jake86, They sent the whole door. what I ended up doing is putting a small strip of window gasket the self stick under the out side of the door no more whistle.

Wow, I read Adasam/Castle has great customer service, this proves it!

I noticed on my stove the paint is changing hues as it cures. Must be normal as my previous wood stove did the same. "Nature of the beast", I guess.

I'm surprised how well the Castle heats. Does my whole house and more on #1 setting.

Reactions: GT_Sharp
Hey Jake86, They sent the whole door. what I ended up doing is putting a small strip of window gasket the self stick under the out side of the door no more whistle.
Did you block off those little holes under the bottom of the door, Those holes are the airwash holes that help to keep the glass clean.

I am getting limit under diagnostics the stove runs for hours then red light come on and shuts down I have the blower power all at 115 any sugestions

Diagnostic screen shows no black dot next to limit? If so, is hopper door closed all the way? Reset everything including stalls back to factory reset. If shut down, unplug stove and 'replug. Start stove again.

Diagnostic screen shows no black dot next to limit? If so, is hopper door closed all the way? Reset everything including stalls back to factory reset. If shut down, unplug stove and 'replug. Start stove again.
it showed black dot next to limit I set back to factory default

Status
Not open for further replies.