Castle Serenity

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mainely Saws

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jan 11, 2010
Topsham , Me.
Ok , lots of discussion about the Castle Serenity stove so I'm interested . Is there anywhere to actually see one in a store somewhere ? My local , H.D. , Tractor Supply & Ace hardware stores can order them on line but I can't find anyone who has a unit in house . The customer service people in Wisconsin don't know or don't have any lists of stocking dealers . I live in the midcoast area of Maine . Thanks for any help ........

Bob

Ok , lots of discussion about the Castle Serenity stove so I'm interested . Is there anywhere to actually see one in a store somewhere ? My local , H.D. , Tractor Supply & Ace hardware stores can order them on line but I can't find anyone who has a unit in house . The customer service people in Wisconsin don't know or don't have any lists of stocking dealers . I live in the midcoast area of Maine . Thanks for any help ........

Bob

No, but you might ask Ace or the other sellers if they can bring one in before you buy. Most Ace hardware stores "here" anyway, are locally owned and operated and seem to be very eager to work with the customers. Perhaps that does not apply elsewhere, but it does not hurt to ask. Join the Ace rewards if you have not already, and tell them you are a rewards member.

Thanks for the suggestion Deezl Smoke but I called my local Ace store & their heating guy wasn't aware of a Castle Serenity pellet stove . They are good people but ordering one in case I or someone else might buy it ,might be beyond what they are willing to do . Still It doesn't hurt to ask though . The Tractor Supply store says that their inventory is controlled by corporate rather than individual stores . ..........

In Canada they are sold buy tractor supply .
You can order on line and pickup in store

Thanks for the suggestion Deezl Smoke but I called my local Ace store & their heating guy wasn't aware of a Castle Serenity pellet stove . They are good people but ordering one in case I or someone else might buy it ,might be beyond what they are willing to do . Still It doesn't hurt to ask though . The Tractor Supply store says that their inventory is controlled by corporate rather than individual stores . ..........

It does'nt really surprise me that they are not aware of it as I had to tell my ACE that they were on their site. Once they looked it up etc. they gladly ordered one in for me. They, like most other reputable stores, want happy customers and will work with you should you not be happy with it. I dont know your store, so they may have a small restocking fee or something. But that is a small price to pay if you are set on having a hands on with the stove before purchase. I've done it before. Heck, I've even offered to pay wages to an appraiser just to get them to come my site and give me an estimate on a road. It's really difficult locally to get anything construction related done here as labor and construction businesses are in very short supply.

I is of course up to you, but find out what they charge to return and at the closest store you'd like to purchase from and if it is reasonable, get the stove in and see if it is what you can live with. IMO, it's a small price to pay. Otherwise you may pay 2500 for a stove stocked locally and when a neighbor gets a Serenity and you then see it, you'll be P Ode.;)