Cat Gasket for BK Princess

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjorn773

Hearth Supporter
Sep 12, 2007
Rockford, Illinois
Hello all, I cleaned my stove and chimney this weekend getting ready for the season. Upon removal of the cat for cleaning, the gasket disintegrated. From what I'm reading this is normal. I found some at Condar's website, but the shipping costs more than the gaskets. I figured I'd get some extra to have for the future. 4 gaskets were over $13 to ship, at 4 pounds. How the heck do 4 gaskets weight 4 pounds? Is there another source for these or am I just being cheap? The closest dealer is 60 miles away.

Gaskets, box, packing, tape etc probably won't add up to 4 pounds IMO, but they're probably not over by much. Just go for it. It sounds like you'll be set for a while.

Thanks... guess I was being cheap... beats driving 120 miles. Just got done placing the order.

I ordered something small from Bailey's, presets and tie-straps, I think. I called to complain about shipping something that small via UPS. They said it was no problem, they could put them in a $4.95 USPS flat rate box. Saved about $7.

Just something to keep in mind. UPS isn't the only option.

Status
Not open for further replies.