Cat in front of a nice warm fire.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JotulOslo

Aug 26, 2006
My girlfriend and I do all the work, the cat sucks up all the heat. It's a wonder he doesn't self-combust!

JotulOslo

Attachments

• zacharystove.jpg
    zacharystove.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,341
Roospike said:
Yep , Its a Cat-stove!
We only have dogs so our is a Non-cat Stove ;-)

LOL,quick mind spike.

i wanna come back as a cat.

Roospike said:
Yep , Its a Cat-stove!

LOL... well - since we have an example of a cat stove in action - here's the non-cat version.... though he can't flatten out as much

Attachments

• 11-21-06.JPG
    11-21-06.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 1,175
Harley said:
Roospike said:
Yep , Its a Cat-stove!

LOL... well - since we have an example of a cat stove in action - here's the non-cat version.... though he can't flatten out as much

Yeppers , That would be it . good example of the "Non-cat Stove" ;-)

Harley said:
Roospike said:
Yep , Its a Cat-stove!

harley two questions.
what breed is your dog?
and what is your hearth made of?
it looks like soapstone. very very nice looking and nice job setting it up.

fbelec said:
harley two questions.
what breed is your dog?
and what is your hearth made of?
it looks like soapstone. very very nice looking and nice job setting it up.

Fbelec:

He's 1/2 Bull Mastiff and 1/2 Bull Terrier (trying to be PC here and not say "pit Bull")

Yes - the hearth is made of soapstone tiles. I'm not very good at matching things up, and wanted something that would look good with the stove, so i figured, why not soapstone. Thanks I think it came out pretty good for a first attempt. The hearth is a little dirty in the pic, and really looks sharp when it has a coat of mineral oil on it. Unfortunately, whenever I give it a coat of oil, SOMEBODY (see picture) keeps licking the hearth!!!

here's my cat stove. no fire in the stove yet of course.

Attachments

• catstove.jpg
    catstove.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 927
I have a "cat" stove too. She keeps burning her tail when I reload it. She gets to close to the open door.

And my non-cat cat stove. We refer to her as the fire whore. She literally goes nuts when I go to fire the thing up. She does get nice and toasty, though.

Attachments

• insert.jpg
    insert.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 845
Eric said:

I hope the cat doesn't think that the stove is a good "landing" to go part way down on the trip down from the mantel

Harley said:
Eric said:

I hope the cat doesn't think that the stove is a good "landing" to go part way down on the trip down from the mantel

Nope. He hasn't been up there since we fired it up a few weeks ago. Seems to be more interested in the cooler rooms in the house now. Maybe its a long-haired vs. short-haired thing.

Eric

This cat loves the fire...

Attachments

• bugs_stove_post.jpg
    bugs_stove_post.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 677
guess who's hamming it up again

Attachments

• DSCF0118.JPG
    DSCF0118.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 362
Status