Catastrophic Steam Eggsplosion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

veemaxx

Dec 27, 2013
Raymond, ne
Being the dummie I am I thought I could heat up a couple pickled eggs in the microwave as long as I covered the corningware bowl with a lid. About 45 seconds later what sounded like a 12 gauge shot in the kitchen got my attention. Who would of thought a couple little hard boiled eggs could do this. Then of course it woke my wife so I'm in trouble plus I cut myself a little on the ceramic shards. What a wonderful way to start the day. I guess that is what I deserve for eating pickled eggs and honey buns for breakfast.

Not to mention a waste of a good pickled egg!

you were very lucky. when I did this several years back, the egg exploded as I took it out and was going to bite it. I had burns on my face and lips. A couple of people were around and could not believe the explosion. never tried it again.

Did it get hot??? If so, you succeeded in what you wanted to do ......................

There comes a time in every persons life when you realize eggs behave strangely when nuked. This was your time.

Most important meal of the day, hope you had a back up plan.

Gross. Like hot mayonnaise.

Warm, buttered pickled eggs. A new idea for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.