Caught 2 @#$%^!&*()_'s having sex in my garage!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
Well,
I caught these 2 going at it in my garage.
And figured, if I ain't getting non, then either are they.
Gottem into the garbage can, and let em go down the road.
They do control the mice rather well though.

Attachments

• Snakes 6-15-08.JPG
    Snakes 6-15-08.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,279
Nice catch! How big are those black snakes? Yes, they do a number on the mice.

I'd say they are in the 4'-5' range.

Them der are sum nice look'n snakes.
I bet you get lots of views because of your title.....

WoodButcher

Fifteen years ago I came across a couple of teenagers doing that in my woods. Didn't have a trashcan handy at the time.

I guess you do not have mouse problems then for you to put them in the snake [mouse devouring type of snake] relocation program? Either that or cats...

My house has an endless supply of mice and i would have loved to have those around. I do have cats though...

We have one cat, came with the house in kitten form.
She caught 1 in the house since we moved in in 06.
I found a spot they were getting in where the old crawlspace anf the new basement walls meet. There is about a 1-1/2" trench between the two, filled in with stone the best I can tell. The PO, put pressure treated plywood to bridge between the two at the trench. Well I found a hole and foamed it up, they ate a perfect hole through it. Got a have a heart trap, and have caught prolly20+ in that. Never seem to get to it until they are dead in it though.
Don't really have a heart, but the trap works great. Haven't noticed any indoors anymore.
And hole has stayed closed with the rock I stuck in it.

I know there is mice in the unfloored garage, not a big deal at the moment.
I am sure those snakes had a few good full belly meals.
Just can't be having them in the house or garage. They are welcome on the property as much as they want. And there are many out there.
Just have to be careful bout rattlers, and we'll be fine.
Now if that groundhog comes anywhere near the house, hes gonna have to be toasted.
I try not to kill the animals, but if the become persistently a PITA, they be dead. The mice, I am not that concerned if they die.

Here's a Garter snake from this spring. This one must be about 3' and we see small snakes too so there are reproducing. I think this one lives under the step to my garage side door. I have seen them in my wood pile too.

Attachments

• Snake.JPG
    Snake.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 1,084
The one sitting on top of one of the servers a couple of weeks ago isn't with us anymore.

BrotherBart said:
Fifteen years ago I came across a couple of teenagers doing that in my woods. Didn't have a trashcan handy at the time.
and they don't do a damn bit of good keepin the mice away either!

Hogwildz said:
...Now if that groundhog comes anywhere near the house, hes gonna have to be toasted...

Groundhog's a lot better smoked & made into jerky. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.